PageMaps | halloween sketch layout...

HAPPY OCTOBER!

Super excited October is here, with milder weather and cozy nights. One of my favorite seasons, next to Spring. And as usual, I am looking forward to Halloween. I LOVE halloween, dressing up in costume, trick or treating with the kids and hanging out with friends. It's always so fun to see all the cool and spooky decorations and I love digging through the kids bag to grab my favorite treats.


The October PageMaps layout sketch was so much fun and I went back to basics with my page, mostly using cardstock only page. The lazy size of me was too lazy to go out shopping for current supplies. So, I decided to really dig deep and remember why I began scrapbooking in the first place. My page is pretty simple using similar elements shown in the sketch above.


I cut out my web using my Cameo silhouette machine and then used black embossing powder to give the web a bit of glistening action. Of course, I got carried away with the tone-on-tone affect with my page, which gives it a lot of pop against the white background.

Paper bats, halloween circle phrases and title treatment also die-cuts from the Cameo, which comes in handy. Yes, there was a bit of planning when putting this page together as far as sizing cut files, etc. The page uses very little hard embellishments, just a mix of black and orange enamel dots. Then I added the envelope on the side of the photo to hold journaling. Again, too lazy to pull out the sewing machine... so, I used the my trusty archival pen and t-ruler to frame the foundation page. Overall, I'm very pleased with the outcome.




Thanks so much for stopping by... hope you're inspired to create something fun and unique while keeping your elements simple. Happy Scrapping... xo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cindy Scraps. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.